Saturday, October 12, 2013

Marno loves taking walks to brunch

Long story short: Dacia and I walked to The Village Grill in West Portal and ate brunch this morning.

The reason why is the long story.

It all started on Tuesday when we had lunch from the SeƱor Sisig food truck at school (I will write another post one day about my love for food trucks, I promise). After eating our humongous meals we both felt pretty poopy about ourselves/tummies/life so we decided we would go on a walk on Saturday. Our plan was to meet up after I got off work and walk to the beach (approximately 6 miles round trip from Dacia's house).

That is not what happened, as you can probably infer from the post title and the short story version of this post.

What did happen was I got off work, rode the bus home, started getting hungry, walked to Dacia's house, and then recommended we walk to go get brunch instead of the beach. Dacia approved of this idea and the deed was done.

So instead of being "athletic" (or at least attempting to be), we ate more. But liiiiike... Cut us some slack. At least we walked to brunch. We could have taken the MUNI. We could have just consumed more calories and felt poopy. Instead we consumed calories, burned some calories (although probably not enough to cover the brunch), and only felt a little poopy. But that poopiness was mainly from being tired from the walk so that's acceptable.

What I'm trying to say is, we are chubby girls that like to eat. And we aren't about to change our ways. What we will change, however, is the amount of movement we do to attempt to even out the calorie consumption to calorie burning ratio. We're trying, okay?

Now let's get to the part of the story that everyone has been waiting for... the goods.

As mentioned previously above, The Village Grill is located in West Portal in San Francisco. It is a ~ma and pop restaurant~ with a diner counter that guests can sit at. Dacia and I sat at the counter and it was a pretty fantastic experience. We were acting like total goons, as usual, which resulted in our lil baby waiter loving us. He lol'ed a few times. It was great.

The exceptional atmosphere and service was matched with some reeeaaal tasty foods.

I ordered an Irish Breakfast which consisted of two eggs (I got mine scrambled), Irish bacon (ham), sausage, pudding (little round meat things), beans, and potatoes.
This was my first Irish breakfast, but will definitely not be my last. I loved it.
The only thing I was not too fond of were the lil pudding patty thingies.
Not gross, but not my favorite.

Dacia ordered a Belgian waffle with fresh fruit and whipped cream.
Dacia: "I mean, it had a smiley face on it. How is not going to be good. Like, it had a banana nose.
Really, I mean, I could have gotten a regular Belgian waffle but it didn't have the whipped cream.
And like, this one had whipped cream and fresh fruit, but I was really only in it for the whipped cream.
So I tried to eat as much fresh fruit as I could so they knew I wasn't only in it for the whipped cream...
Even though I was."
Leslie Knope would be proud.

We also got a side of bacon to share that is pictured in both photos above. Obviously delicious. I dipped my pieces in syrup. Because... DUH.

To drink, Dacia got coffee and both of us got orange juice which was so fresh I am convinced they have an orange tree in the back. It tasted so fresh it was as if they squeezed the oranges right into my glass. I swear. Also, the inside of the orange on my plate was the exact same color as my oj. YOU KNOW orange juice is fresh and pure and perfect when it is the same color as an actual orange. That's when it's the real stuff. Real deal ~juice of the orange.~

Overall, brunch was a success. The walk wasn't too bad, either. We gazed at all the houses in West Portal and imagined the people that live in them and the kind of lives that they lead. The usual.

We walked by one house and we could hear the theme song from Indiana Jones coming through the window. We yelled, "YAAAYYYYY INDIANA JONES!" towards their house and ran away like little school girls. Another house was being decorated for Halloween. We complimented their large spider web.

So basically, we made people's days. No big. Dacia and Michelle, boosting the self-esteems of home-owners everywhere. And when I say everywhere, I really just mean West Portal. Okay, a small part of West Portal. OKAY. Like two streets. But whatever! We made people's days better while working off our food babies and it was great!

I loved it. I love brunch and I love walks with good friends.

After the walk home, I picked up my laptop and some school things and headed back over to Dacia's house. We've been doing homework/procrastinating/singing all day. (I'm currently in one of the procrastinating moments.)

I'm really enjoying Dacia's and my friendship. Also, I know Dacia is reading this, so... Hi Dacia! Yay friendship! Lolol but really. Today has been a really fun day (so far...) and I'm so glad we're becoming such good friends. I love friendship. I'll probably write a post about it one day.

For now, I'll just leave you with positive vibes about new friendships and the excitement they bring about future fun times.

BYEEEE!

No comments:

Post a Comment