Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Marno loves blogs

Hello, all!

I'm Michelle Arno, nicknamed Marno by some of my friends (If you are reading this, you are probably one of these people. If not, woo! New friend. Since you are reading this, we are now friends so feel free to call me this or any other nickname if you please.), and this is my first attempt at starting up a blog.

I have been a dedicated reader to many blogs for about 10 years when I got my first laptop and became an internet fiend. 

So if I'm such a huge fan of blogs, why am I just now starting my own?

~To be quite honest~ I've never felt like my life, writing, etc. would be interesting enough to entertain readers. (Many of the blogs that I read have a substantial amount of readers and are top-notch quality blogs, so I guess you could say I was a little intimidated by my blogger idols.) That is, until I got some views on YouTube.

Last December, I started a YouTube channel that consists of videos of me hanging out with friends, discussing my interests, and other random bits of me. Really they were just things that I wanted to share with my friends but didn't have the memory capacity to remember for storytime later. I received some positive feedback from the few videos I posted, and that is when I realized my life can actually be pretty interesting/entertaining/weird/funny to others.

Another reason I decided to start this here blog is to practice writing and ~hone in on my skillz.~ I am a Broadcast and Electronic Communication Arts (just a fancy way of saying TV/radio/electronic media) major at San Francisco State University and am currently taking a Media Writing class. I need all the writing practice I can get, so might as well practice while having fun with a blog, right? Right! Yay for multi-tasking!

About the name... I have a large variety of interests, so I decided to name my blog "Marno Loves..." with the hopes that each post will spread positivity about different topics. I've been told I'm a generally happy, positive person that maybe sometimes tries a little too hard to find the silver lining of every situation. So if you're looking for a stream of negativity, this might not be the right blog for you. However, I have been known to release some preeeeetty humorous rants now and then, so maybe check back in once in a while for those.

Well, I don't want to give too much away. What do they say? "Leave them wanting more?" "Less is more?" "Before you leave the house, look in the mirror and take one thing off?" I don't know. Anywho... I hope you enjoy reading about the things I love and the series of oftentimes sitcom-esque events that is my life.

Until next time... BYEEEEEE!

No comments:

Post a Comment